Designing new functional oxide materials through a fundamental understanding of crystal structure/property relationships for emerging applications in novel pigments, electronics, solid-state energy conversion etc. (Funded by NSF grants. Advisor: Prof. Mas Subramanian.)
Ph.D. (2005) Oregon State University
M.S. (1999) University of Minnesota
- 1. J. Li, S. Kumari, M.A. Subramanian. Solid state inorganic color pigments: Ancient to modern. Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry III (3rd Ed.) 2023, Pages 560-593.
- J. Li, M.A. Subramanian. Inorganic pigments with transition metal chromophores at trigonal bipyramidal coordination: Y(In,Mn)O3 blues and beyond. J. Solid State Chem. 272 (2019) 9–20.
- M.A. Subramanian, J. Li, A.W. Sleight. Compounds Comprising A Hibonite Structure. US Patent, WO2015131036A1, 2015.
- J. Li, A.W. Sleight, M.A. Subramanian. Evidence for Internal Resistive Barriers in a Crystal of the Giant Dielectric Constant Material: CaCu3Ti4O12. Solid State Commun., 135(4), 2005, 260-262.
- J. Li, A. W. Sleight, C. Y. Jones and B. H. Toby. Trends in Negative Thermal Expansion Behavior for AMO2 (A = Cu or Ag; M = Al, Sc, In, or La) Compounds with the Delafossite Structure. J. Solid State Chem., 178, 2005, 285-294.
- Top Cited Article, “Evidence for Internal Resistive Barriers in a Crystal of the Giant Dielectric Constant Material: CaCu3Ti4O12”, Solid State Communications, 2005-2010.
- Senior Graduate Student Award, Chemistry Dept., Oregon State University, 2003.