Designing new functional oxide materials through a fundamental understanding of crystal structure/property relationships for emerging applications in novel pigments, electronics, solid-state energy conversion etc. (Funded by NSF grants. Advisor: Prof. Mas Subramanian.)
Ph.D. (2005) Oregon State University
B.S. (1997) Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
- B. A. Duell, J. Li et al. Iridium valence variation and carrier sign tuning in (Ca, Ba)xLa2−xCuIrO6 double perovskites. Phys. Rev. Mater. 5, 054604 (2021).
- E. S. Converse, J. Li et al. Os4+ Instability in the Pyrochlore Structure: Tl2−xBixOs2O7−y. Inorg. Chem. 2020, 59, 1227−1233.
- J. Li, M.A. Subramanian. Inorganic pigments with transition metal chromophores at trigonal bipyramidal coordination: Y(In,Mn)O3 blues and beyond. J. Solid State Chem. 272 (2019) 9–20.
- Top Cited Article, “Evidence for Internal Resistive Barriers in a Crystal of the Giant Dielectric Constant Material: CaCu3Ti4O12”, Solid State Communications, 2005-2010.
- Senior Graduate Student Award, Chemistry Dept., Oregon State University, 2003.