Ph.D. (2014) Engineering Sciences, Surface Chemistry, Harvard University
M.S. (2010) Environmental Science and Engineering, Harvard University
B.S. (2008) Chemistry w/ Honors (Mathematics Minor) Gordon College
B.A. (2008) Biblical & Theological Studies, Gordon College
- Siler, C. G. F.; Madix, R. J.; Friend, C. M.; “Designing for Selectivity: Weak interactions and the competition for reactive sites on gold catalysts.” Faraday Discussions, 2015, DOI: 10.1039/c5fd00192g.
- Rodriguez-Reyes, J. C. F.; Siler, C. G. F.; Lui, W.; Tkatchenko, A.; Friend, C. M.; Madix, R. J.; “van der Waals interactions determine selectivity in catalysis by metallic gold.” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2014, 136), 13333-13340.
- Siler, C. G. F.; Cremer, T.; Rodriguez-Reyes, J. C. F.; Friend, C. M.; Madix, R. J.; “Switching selectivity in oxidation reactions on gold: the mechanism of C-C vs C-H bond activation in the acetate intermediate on Au(111).” ACS Catalysis, 2014, 4, 3281-3288.
- Cremer, T.; Siler, C. G. F.; Rodriguez-Reyes, J. C. F.; Friend, C. M.; Madix, R. J.; “Tuning the stability of adsorbed intermediates using adsorbed oxygen: acetate on Au(111).” Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2014,5, 1126-1130
- Xu, B.; Siler, C. G. F.; Madix, R. J.; Friend, C. M.; “Au/Ag mixed sites promote oxidative coupling of methanol on the alloy surface.” Chemistry—a European Journal, 2014,20,4646-4652.
- Department of Energy Office of Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE SCGF), Award Recipient (September 2010-August 2013)
- Harvard Kao Fellowship (2009-2010)
- Certificate of Distinction in Teaching, Materials, Energy, and Society (2009)
- A.J. Gordon Fellow (2004-2008)
- Sarah Ball Memorial Award for highest GPA among physical science majors (2008)
- Wood Memorial Award for academic excellence in humanities (2008)
- Freshman Physics Award (Spring 2005)