Also see policies

1.  If students choose the analytical chemistry sequence CH 421, 422, 461, only one inorganic course (3 cr), CH 411, is required.  CH 411 and CH 412 are a sequence so that CH 411 is the specified inorganic chemistry course. 

2.  CH 462 is the recommended WIC course and CH 422 is strongly recommended as a co-requisite. If this course does not fit with your schedule you can take one of the other WIC lab courses (CH 464 Fall or CH 463 Spring). 

3.  Students will need to contact the College of Engineering to obtain approval to enroll in restricted ENGR courses. Qualified students wishing to take ENGR 300 level courses which are normally restricted to engineering students should go to the MIME UG Advising office (Dearborn 102) and pick up an override form, secure the necessary approvals and MIME staff will help you with your override request. Please make sure that you indicate on your override request form that you are in the Chemical Engineering option in the BS in Chemistry degree.  Students should first complete math through MTH 256, the physics sequence through PH 212, and CHE 211 & 212. 

4. Students interested in this option should have a secondary advisor in the Department of Chemical Engineering  

Professor Willie "Skip" Rochefort Gleeson 205 541-737-2408

5.  The elective courses for the chemical engineering option are to be approved by the student's academic adviser by the end of the winter quarter of the junior year. A maximum of three credits of research (CH 401 or CH 401) counts for the program.
6. Chemical Engineering Majors pursuing a second major in chemistry with the chemical engineering option should see the head adviser in chemistry about possible substitutions for required courses.  

7. Proposed revisions