Amila U. Liyanage
Amila U. Liyanage
Dr. Liyanage is originally from Sri Lanka, a small island nation in the Indian Ocean. After graduating from the University of Colombo, Sri Lanka in 2008 with a B.Sc. (first-class honours) in Chemistry, he attended graduate school at Oregon State University to pursue a Ph.D. in Materials Chemistry. His primary teaching responsibility at OSU is Experimental Chemistry, He is in to photography, traveling/sightseeing and hiking whenever he has spare time.
Ph.D. (2015) Oregon State University
B.Sc. (2008) University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Val M. Dubin*, Andrei L. Gindilis, Barbara L. Walton, Sage R. Bauers, Kevin M. Norelli, Amila U. Liyanage, Amy Albrecht, and David C. Johnson, Electroless metallization of dielectric surfaces, ECS Trans, (2017), 75 (34), 27-33.
- Amila U. Liyanage, and Michael M. Lerner*, Use of amine electride chemistry to prepare molybdenum disulfide intercalation compounds, RSC Adv., (2014), 4(87), 47121-47128. This article is part of themed collection Materials for Energy storage.
- Amila U. Liyanage, Esther U. Ikhuoria, Adeniyi A. Adenuga, Vincent T. Remcho, and Michael M. Lerner*, Synthesis and characterization of low-generation polyamidoamine (PAMAM) dendrimer–sodium montmorillonite (Na-MMT) clay nanocomposites, Inorg. Chem., (2013), 52 (8), 4603–4610.
- Esther U. Ikhuoria, Amila U. Liyanage, and Michael M. Lerner*, Preparation and characterization of nanocomposites of polyamidoamine (PAMAM) dendrimers with molybdenum(VI) oxide (MoO3), Mat. Chem. Phys., (2013), 139 (2-3), 911–916.
- Amila U. Liyanage, and Michael M. Lerner*, Template preparation of NiPS3 polymer nanocomposites, RSC Adv., (2012), 2(2), 474-479.
- Teaching Assistant Award - Oregon State University (2015)
- Whitely Graduate Fellowship for Material Sciences - Oregon State University (2014)
- Student Travel Award - Oregon State University (2014)
- Graduate Student Travel Award - Oregon State University (2014)
- Silber Medal, Inter University Chemistry Competition - RSC Sri Langa (2008/09)
- N.A.D. Weerasingha Memorial Scholarship - RSC Sri Lanka (2006/07)
- Studentship in Biological Science - UOC Faculty of Science Sri Lanka (2004/05)
- Government Higher Education Merit Bursary - Uoc Sri Lanka (2004/05)