You are encouraged to apply directly to the Chemistry Department. By doing this, your application fee will be waived. If you choose to apply through the Graduate School, you will be required to pay a $60 nonrefundable application fee. Please apply only once.
- This questionnaire
- Unofficial transcript (s): Transcripts showing at least the last two years of the first baccalaureate degree must be uploaded into this form. All graduate and postbaccalaureate transcripts must also be included. A certified English translation must be included for academic transcripts in languages other than English. If you receive an offer from the department, official transcripts from the above institutions are required.
- Recommendation Letters: Please arrange for three (3) letters of refenence to be sent to email@example.com. If you have a master's degree, one of your references should be your former major professor.
- A four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- A combined GPA of 3.0 for last 90 quarter credits (60 Semester) of graded undergraduate work towards the first baccalaureate degree, and thereafter.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Graduate Record Examination - All international applicants are required to take the GRE.
- GRE (No minimum requirement)
- GRE Subject Exam is not required
- English Language Assessment. Depending on your country of origin an English language assessment exam may be required for admission.
- TOEFL (Minimum total score of 80, minimum subsection of 18, 26 minimum in speaking)
- IELTS (6.5 or higher)
Applicants with Disabilities:
If you have a physical or learning disability and need reasonable accommodation or information about services available, please contact:
Director of Disability Access Services
Oregon State University
A202 Kerr Admin. Bldg
Corvallis, OR 97331-2133